Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

nldirkz1
#1 Posted : 10 May 2012 20:01:01(UTC)
nldirkz1

hi- first time user here. I just received the CEC adaptor and connected it via my Shuttle X35GT and loaded the most recent build R9974.

the adaptor shows up fine under System as a peripheral (listed having firmware v2 and 1.6.2).

the HDMI is connected to HDMI 1 (not sure about this device setting which is 0 by default).

When I press the "symlink" button - xbmcPC is not listed as a device - the LG remote does nothing for xbmc when pressing a left / right /up/ down button.

Should I see an instance of xbmc under the symlink menu enabled?

Must be me missing something...or?

thx
nldirkz1
#2 Posted : 11 May 2012 19:44:20(UTC)
nldirkz1

Solved. I had ordered two adaptors. Each adaptor comes with a short Pulse Eight manufactured HDMI cable. Given my original HDMI cable is quite long I used the pulse-eight HDMI cable from the SECOND adaptor to make the connection from the CEC TV out -> TV HDMI. this gave the above issue - HOWEVER now that I replaced this cable with my original (normal?) HDMI cable I was using, the magic worked. It seems to me, the Pulse Eight HDMI cable is a bit special and is solely meant to be connected PC->CEC.

happy as a clamp & loading 800+ movies back in the liberty :)

cheers
Malard
#3 Posted : 12 May 2012 10:09:18(UTC)
nldirkz1 yes, our short cable does not have the CEC wire connected to avoid any conflicts